Mouthy Money editor Edmund Greaves meets author and entrepreneur Robert Gardner to find out about…Read More →
Couples can spend Valentine’s Day at home and enjoy a tasty romantic dinner with an M&S Dine In for Two offer, saving up to £16.50.
What is the deal exactly?
Savvy shoppers can enjoy a starter, main, side, dessert and a bottle of wine or box of chocolates for just £10 each – a total of £20.
There are over 30 products in the offer, and customers can create over 200 different menus. The Valentines Dine In Deal includes:
- Leek & Cheese Soufflé Tarts to start – a butter enriched puff pastry filled with leek and creamy extra mature cheddar, and red Leicester, Pie Love You for the main
- Chicken in a creamy white wine sauce, encased in all butter pastry and topped with a pastry lid
- Banana sponge with a caramel blonde chocolate mousse and salted caramel sauce, with a wafer base and topped with a white chocolate heart. It’s called I’m Bananas for You –
Vegans also have plenty of choice – you can also enjoy Plant Kitchen Vegan Duck Croquettes, two Plant Kitchen Smokey Saffron Aubergine Steaks, Plant Kitchen Sweet Potato Fries, Plant Kitchen Love Heart Churros and a bottle of Conte Priuli Prosecco.
M&S Dine In for Two
The full menu can be seen here:
- Leek & Cheese Soufflé Tarts
- Coquilles St Jacques
- OBE Prawn Cocktail
- Plant Kitchen Vegan Duck Croquettes (Ve)
- Oak Fired Melting Camembert
- Duck Parfait with Plum Glaze
- Rump Steak with Peppercorn Sauce
- Sirloin Steaks with Heard Shaped Butter
- Rack of Lamb with mustard, honey & herb crust
- Pie Love You
- Chicken Parmigiana
- Duck Breasts with Plum Sauce
- Salmon & Prawn En Croute
- Plant Kitchen 2 Smokey Saffron Aubergine Steaks (Ve)
- Extra Fine Asparagus (Ve)
- Green Vegetable Medley
- FritesSweet Potato Fries (Ve)Buttery Mashed PotatoOBE Mac and Cheese
The meal deal is running from Monday 9th February until Monday 14th February.
Why should I care?
It’s Valentine’s Day – every dinner and event must’ve been pre-booked in advance at least a month ago.
If you’re too late to book a special dinner with your loved one at a fancier restaurant, then a romantic dinner could be your key solution. This deal is also cheaper than a dinner in a fancy restaurant.
If you’re also wary of the Covid situation, and prefer socially distancing yourself from crowdy restaurants, then a Dine In option could be right for you.
What’s the catch?
You can only access this deal for a limited period only – between 9 February to 14 February. Plus, you also have to cook your own food.
What other options do I have?
Supermarket has launched a limited-edition menu for two for £15, a bit cheaper with more variety, but Tesco has launched a limited-edition menu for two for £15, a bit cheaper with more variety, but you need to be a Clubcard member.
Where can I find out more?
Find your nearest Marks & Spencer Food here.
Dana is a former reporter at Mouthy Money, having previously worked for Times Money Mentor and the BBC.