Black Friday, the most anticipated time of the year for shopping deals, is just around the corner.
This time of the year provides plenty of opportunities to splurge money on the bag, washing machine or TV that you’ve always wanted. Or you can always sort family Christmas presents early on and avoid the holiday stress.
Remember though, only buy what you can afford. Ask yourself if you have the money to buy it, and whether you really need it.
What are the deals exactly?
Amazon, Argos and Currys PC World all have early Black Friday deals online and in-store. So, if you’ve been waiting patiently to find a great deal, now is a good time to look.
We’ve picked out some of the best deals (in our view) available on these websites.
The best deals from Amazon
- 72% off NIVEA MEN Sensitive Face Moisturiser
- 70% off Philips Sonicare Advanced Whitening Edition Rechargeable Toothbrush with more devices; used to be £300.00, now £89.99
- 47% off Echo Show 5 (2021 release), smart display with Alexa and 2 MP camera; used to be £74.99, now £39.99
- 53% off 7 Bread Bin with Cutting Board Lid-White; used to be £60.00, now £27.99
- 17% Apple AirPods Pro with MagSafe charging case (2021); used to be £239.00, now £199
The best deals from Argos
- Save £70, Running Smart Watch, £199.99
- Half price. Amazon Fire 7 Kids 7in 16GB Tablet & Kid-Proof Case, £49.99
- Save £50 , Google Nest Hub Max Smart Display, £169.00
- Lowest price on Argos, ASUS X415 14in i3, £319.99
- Lower price on Argos,Acer Spin 3 14in i3, £449.99
The best deals from Currys PC World
- Save £350, American-Style Fridge Freezer, £849.00
- Save £220.00, SONY BRAVIA TV, with Google TV & Assistant
- Save £200.00, KENWOOD Kitchen Machine, £299.00
- Save £60, FITBIT Versa 2 with Amazon Alexa, £99
- Save £50.99, Jug Kettle, £49.00
Why should I care?
Black Friday is the best time to spend money on an purchase you’ve been planning for but holding back from doing. Companies vie with each other to have the best price so now more than any time of the year you’re likely to find a good deal.
What’s the catch?
Black Friday is a spending bonanza. Don’t get carried away and spend money you don’t have on things you don’t need.
It’s also a good opportunity for companies to get rid of stock they don’t want while potentially masking the true value of the item. Do careful research on the price of an item and look at how much it costs eslewhere.
Sometimes products can have a big markup discount applied, but in actualy fact the company has hiked it price up beforehand to make it look cheaper!
What other options do I have?
The three sited mentioned above are just a few of the many out there offering discounts. Look at other places such as Very, AO or John Lewis for deals. Be a savvy spender – and remember sometimes the best way to save money on a deal is by not spending anything at all!